Feedback and complaints
We are focused on delivering the best for our customers and have an aim to establish a reputation as an organisation that delivers excellent service and is truly customer focused.
Sometimes things go wrong and if this happens, we need you to tell us so we can try and put it right. We will do this by following our feedback procedure.
We encourage your suggestions and comments as these can help us improve our services and drive positive changes.
We also want to know when our staff have exceeded your expectations. Your compliments will be passed on to ensure our staff member or team are recognised.
To make a complaint, comment or compliment fill in the online forms below.
Alternatively, you can provide feedback to us through the following ways:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone our Customer Services Team on 01271 327711 (Typetalk precede 18001)
- Write to us at:
North Devon Council
PO Box 379
- Visit one of our council offices
We can provide advice and information in alternative languages or formats.
What falls outside of our feedback procedure
We have a separate process for appeals against certain council decisions as these usually result from legal requirements as there is a separate route of appeal. For example:
- complaints against a councillor.
- parking fines
- council tax banding
- housing benefits decisions
- homeless decisions or allocated accommodation
- planning decisions, listed building consents and conservation
- objections to undecided planning applications