Make an appeal

What to do if you are unhappy about a decision about your benefits

What to do if you think a decision is wrong

If you are are not happy with a decision about housing benefit or council tax support, you can:

  • ask us to explain the decision
  • tell us what information is wrong and ask us to look at the decision again
  • if you still think the decision is wrong you can appeal

Appeals for housing benefit and council tax support will be considered by independent tribunals who can ask us to change the decision if they agree it is wrong.

All appeals must be made in writing, signed and sent to:

Benefits team, North Devon Council, PO Box 379, Barnstaple EX32 2GR