Minor variations

Minor variation to a premises licence or club premises certificate

If you want to to make a small change to a premises licence or a club premises certificate, you will need to apply for a minor variation. This may be to include further licensable activities or to alter existing activities and operating times allowed by the premises licence.

Apply online for a minor variation

To apply, you will also need to:

A minor variation can't be used to: 

  • extend the period for which the licence is in effect
  • vary substantially the premises to which it relates
  • change the designated premises supervisor
  • add the sale or supply of alcohol
  • authorise the supply of alcohol at any time between 11pm and 7am 
  • authorise an increase in the amount of time on any day during which alcohol may be sold or supplied

Instead you will need to apply for a larger variation to your licence or certificate. 

Further information