Food premises approval

All food businesses that manufacture food containing meat, dairy and fish must be approved

If you sell food to anyone other than the final consumer (to other businesses including retailers and caterers) and the food contains meat or meat products, wild game, dairy products, fish, shellfish, snails or eggs, you may need to seek approval. For example, if you sell more than a quarter of the food to other retailers or caterers. Contact us to see if your business premises needs to be approved. If it does, you can apply online. This service is free.

Apply online  

When we have received your application we will arrange an inspection of your premises.

You must provide evidence that you have a HACCP-based food safety management system in place.

If your premises meets the correct food hygiene standards we will grant approval and write to let you know our decision. You will then receive a unique approval number. This number will form part of the standard identification mark that must be applied to your documentation and products so that anything you produce can be traced back to you and your business.

Please tell us about any changes in circumstances at your food premises:

Make a change to your food premises