Bins and recycling
Covid service disruption
Due to Covid-related staff absences, you may experience some service disruption in some areas. If your bins or recycling are missed, leave it out for 48 hours. If we don't return, take it back in and put it out again on your next scheduled collection.
Coronavirus symptoms and black waste collections
Double bag waste if anybody in your household has coronavirus symptoms, and leave it for 72 hours before presenting as part of your usual black collection.
Enter your postcode to find out your next waste and recycling collection dates
Your new, blue recycling boxes for glass
FAQs on the new, blue box, glass recycling service
What goes in your bin, box or bag?
Find out what items can go in your bins, box and bags
Use the A to Z menu to find out what items you can reuse or recycle.
Garden waste collections
Information on our chargeable garden waste service
Make requests and report issues
Request new waste/recycling containers and report any problems with the service
Weekly food waste collections
Information on our new weekly food waste collection service
Commercial waste and recycling
Organising your own trade waste collection, your responsibilities and more
We can collect your unwanted household items
- Plastic Free Northern Devon Consortium
- Waste and recycling trials in North Devon
- Recycling small electronic equipment
- Find a recycling centre
- Compost bins
- Clinical waste collections
- Recycling education and real nappies
- Assisted collections
- Where does our recycling go?
- Packaging symbols
- Bank holiday changes to waste and recycling collection dates
- How was our Recycle More budget spent?
- Waste and recycling alerts
- Waste and recycling procedures guide