Horse drawn hackney carriage licences

Information on how to apply for a non-motorised hackney carriage licence

To drive a non-motorised Hackney carriage (horse-drawn), you do need a licence.

Renew/apply for VEHICLE licence (pdf 27KB)

Apply for a new DRIVER licence (pdf 92KB)

You will also need to:


There are various conditions linked to the granting of a horse drawn Hackney carriage licence, relating to both the driver and the non-motorised vehicle. These are included in the guidance notes.

Other information