Apply to vary a gambling premises licence

How to amend and vary a premises licence, which offers gambling

As a premises licence holder, you will need to apply to vary a premises licence if you want to:

  • add, amend or remove an authorised activity
  • amend another detail of the licence
  • exclude a default condition
  • add, amend or remove a condition imposed or excluded by the licensing authority

This refers to licences for casinos, bingo, betting, adult gaming machines and family entertainment centres.

Apply to vary a premises licence under the Gambling Act 2005 (pdf 29KB)

You can't vary a licence to change the premises that it relates to.

Please also read guidance notes on varying a gambling premises licence (pdf 219KB).

Formatting your notices of application

To help you format your notices, both to the local press and responsible authorities, please go to our giving notice to applications page.