Sex establishment licences
If you planning to open a sex establishment, such as a sex shop, sex cinema or sexual entertainment venue, you will require a licence from the council.
Apply for a sex establishment licence
You will also need to:
- read our guidance notes on sex establishment licences (pdf 232KB)
- pay the appropriate application fee and hearing fee where required
- provide an area street plan
- provide an internal layout plan of the premises
There are standard conditions (pdf 52KB) attached to any sex establishment licence. These include aspects such as the permitted hours of opening and closing, as well as visibility to passers by.
- Notify us of a change of circumstances
- Notice of sex establishment licence application (pdf 22KB)
- Sex establishments policy and other licensing policies