Non-compliance and enforcement
Our policy is to educate and assist prior to enforcing and issuing penalties.
Where this is not successful and residents do not comply with any of the following they may receive a Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN) from us:
- removing their bin from the pavement after emptying
- placing their bin in an inappropriate place for emptying
- putting their bin out at an inappropriate time despite prior warnings
- refusing to recycle
- continually contaminating their waste when presenting it for collection
- putting out side waste / excess waste
We will issue a FPN to repeat offenders, or for one offence which takes a significant time to resolve.