Housing benefit

Information about housing benefit, including how to apply for it and how to inform us of any changes.

Council tax support

Council tax support replaces the council tax benefit scheme. Find out how to apply for it, plus other information.

Local housing allowance

Information on how people on low incomes living in privately rented homes can claim for a local housing allowance.

Discretionary housing payments

Information about help for people in severe financial difficulty

Repay a housing benefit overpayment

Use our online payment service to repay an overpayment

What other benefits are there?

Information on other benefits that may be applicable to you

A change in your circumstances

Tell us if there's any change in your circumstances that could affect your benefit claim

Make an appeal

What to do if you are unhappy about a decision about your benefits

Personal data and the Data Protection Act

Your personal information will be held and used in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.