If you allow your land to be used as a caravan site or campsite for more than 42 days in a row, or more than 60 days in a year, you will need a licence.

Please be aware, you must also have the appropriate planning permission before applying for a licence.

Apply for a campsite licence (tents only)  

Apply for a caravan and campsite licence  

You will also need to:

There is no charge for these licences.

Once we have received your application, we will contact you to arrange a site visit and then approve or refuse the application. 


The licence may have conditions attached, which you can view on the legislation website.

Further information