Caravan and campsite licences
If you allow your land to be used as a caravan site or campsite for more than 42 days in a row, or more than 60 days in a year, you will need a licence.
Please be aware, you must also have the appropriate planning permission before applying for a licence.
You will also need to:
- read our guidance notes on caravan and campsite licences (pdf 175KB)
- submit specific details relating to the site, as set out in the guidance notes
There is no charge for these licences.
Once we have received your application, we will contact you to arrange a site visit and then approve or refuse the application.
The licence may have conditions attached, which you can view on the legislation website.
- Application to transfer a campsite licence (tents only)
- Application to transfer a caravan and campsite licence
- Notify us of a change of circumstances
- List of licensed caravan and campsites (pdf 27KB)
- The Mobile Homes Act 2013 - Site Rules