Supplementary Planning Documents - SPDs
SPDs are material considerations when processing planning applications and development proposals in the district and have to be considered when making a planning decision.
We have adopted the following SPDs:
Affordable Housing SPD
The Affordable Housing SPD sets out how the Councils will consider planning applications which have the potential to support the delivery of affordable housing. It principally provides guidance to support the implementation of Policies ST18: Affordable Housing on Development Sites, ST19: Affordable Housing on Exception Sites and ST19A: Entry-Level Exception Sites of the Local Plan, whilst responding to changes to national planning policy introduced following the adoption of the Local Plan. The SPD was adopted by North Devon Council and Torridge District Council via resolution of the Joint Planning Policy committee on 15th July 2022.
- Affordable Housing SPD - July 2022 (7896 KB)
- Affordable Housing Adoption Statement - July 2022 (98 KB)
- Affordable Housing Consultation Statement - July 2022 (1755 KB)
We adopted the Air Quality SPD along with Torridge District Council on 5 October 2020. It supersedes the SPD we previously adopted on 1 June 2020, with the new version showing a minor amendment to paragraph 7.5.
- Air Quality SPD - October 2020 (821 KB)
- Air Quality Adoption Statement - October 2020 (158 KB)
- Air Quality Consultation Statement - October 2020 (696 MB)
- SCAIL - Agriculture: User Guide. Simple Calculation of Atmospheric Impact Limits from Agricultural Sources (SCAIL-Agriculture) is a screening tool for assessing the impact from cattle, pig and poultry farms on human health and on semi-natural areas. The user guide provides a walk-through of the system. You will be shown how to complete a query using the web form and how to interpret the results.
Rural workers dwellings
Lee Bay Hotel site
The design guide for the Lee Bay hotel site is not a formal SPD but has been adopted as a material planning consideration.
Lee Bay Hotel Design 2502 KB