Skip to content

The size limits will double from four metres to eight metres for detached houses, and from three metres to six metres for any other type of house outside Article 2 (3) land and sites of special scientific interest.

You can find out whether you need permission for your building project by viewing the Planning Portal's interactive house.

The following items are needed for all applications:

• application form and ownership certificate
• location plan (scale 1:2500 or 1:1250) with site outlined in red
• block plan (scale 1:500) or Site Plan (scale 1:200) – if the proposal will alter an existing building footprint or create a new building footprint
• wildlife trigger list (and if required wildlife report)
• developers contact address and email

Further information about this type of application is available on the Planning Portal.