Skip to content

This should be used to make a detailed planning application for development, excluding householder developments.

Development includes building, engineering or other works, in, on, over or under land, or the making of any material change in the use of any buildings or other land.

The application should be used for:

• any works relating to a flat
• applications to change the number of dwellings (flat conversions, building a separate house in the garden)
• changes of use to part or all of the property to non-residential (including business) uses
• anything outside the garden of the property (including stables if in a separate paddock)

• Application form and ownership certificates
• Location plan (scale 1:2500 or 1:1250) with site outlined in red and any other land owned/controlled outlined in blue
• Block plan (scale 1:500) or site plan (scale 1:200) – if the proposal will alter an existing building footprint or create a new building footprint
• Site levels (scale 1:200) – if the proposal will lead to a change in the level of the land
• Floor plans – existing and proposed (scale 1:50 or 1:100) – if the proposal will create, alter or add to a floor
• Elevation drawings – existing and proposed (scale 1:50 or 1:100) – if the proposal will create, alter or add to a building
• Elevation drawings contextual – existing and proposed (scale 1:50 or 1:100)
• Cross section drawings through building – existing and proposed (scale 1:50 or 1:100) – if the proposal is for a new building
• Cross section drawings – proposed (scale 1:10 or 1:20) of surface treatment if the proposal is for a track or a horse-riding arena
• Design and access statement – see the ‘additional information page’ for a list of proposals that do not require a statement
• Flood risk assessment – if the proposal falls within flood zone two or flood zone three or involves a site area of one hectare or more (in flood zones one, two or three)
• Heritage statement (including photographs and a schedule of works) – if the proposal is in a conservation area and/or will affect a listed building and/or will impact on another heritage asset
• Letter of justification from the relative’s doctor (or other appropriate person) – if the proposal relates to the creation of a dependent relative’s annexe
• Structural survey – if the proposal includes the conversion of an outbuilding or barn
• Surface water drainage report – if the proposal is in a critical drainage area
• Wildlife trigger list (and if required a wildlife report)

Our list of additional information provides further information on which documents must be supplied or contact the planning team 01271 388288.

Further information about this type of application is available on the Planning Portal.