Northern Devon businesses urged to apply for extra grant funding during lockdown 2.0
23 November 2020
Businesses across northern Devon are being urged to check their eligibility for the government's latest round of coronavirus support grants.
There are two types of grants available, the first being the Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG) and the second being the Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) and different businesses will be eligible for each one.
The LRSG is available to certain businesses and venues which appear in the rating list and have been be required to close from 5 November to 2 December 2020. For eligible businesses, the amount of LRSG payable is as follows:
- Businesses occupying properties with a rateable value of £15,000, the grant payment will be £1,334 per 28 day qualifying restriction period
- Businesses occupying properties with a rateable value of between £15,001 - £50,999, the grant payment will be £2,000 per 28 day qualifying restriction period
- Businesses occupying properties with a rateable value of £51,000 the grant payment will be £3,000 per 28 day qualifying restriction period
The ARG is available to:
- Businesses which – while not legally forced to close – are severely impacted by the restrictions put in place to control the spread of Covid-19
- Businesses outside the business rates system, which are forced to close
- Larger local businesses which are important to the local economy, that feel they would benefit from additional grant money on top of the funding provided to those businesses via the LRSG scheme (State Aid rules apply)
Businesses that have chosen to close but not been required to will not be eligible for either grant.
Leader of North Devon Council Cllr David Worden says: "The Government has provided these grants to support our local economy during these extremely tough times, we know how hard many of our local traders are finding things at the moment. So if your business has been forced to close again, or if you have had to lose a significant amount of business because of the new restrictions, for instance, a cafe that can only operate as a takeaway, please do check which grant you could be eligible for and apply on our website."
Leader of Torridge District Council, Councillor Ken James says: "We hope that most business will already have applied for the initial grant schemes announced by the Government. But we are also aware of many other important local businesses that have either not qualified for these or require additional funding. This is another opportunity to get vital funding for your business and we would urge all business owners to check their eligibility and take advantage of the help and support available. We will be doing everything we can to make sure that where businesses qualify, they receive the funding as quickly as possible"
Further Government guidance on qualifying businesses and businesses that are excluded from the scheme can be found below:
Application forms can be found on the council's website on the coronavirus business support pages.