Temporary Accommodation Officer
Job Vacancy: Temporary Accommodation Officer
37 hours per week, temporary contract for up to 12 months
Salary: £22,183 – £27,741 per annum
North Devon Council’s Housing Team is looking for a reliable, experienced Temporary Accommodation Officer to become part of a busy Housing Temporary Accommodation Team. You will ensure the effective operation and delivery of the Council’s temporary accommodation service in accordance with the Councils statutory duties.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Place homeless households in temporary accommodation, ensuring that all agreements and inductions are in place/carried out and that systems/records are accurately updated
- Ensure the effective and efficient management of Council owned and private sector leased temporary accommodation
- Ensure that tenants are maintaining a safe and secure environment in their temporary accommodation, and advising accordingly
- Ensure properties meet the required health and safety standards; that cleaning, maintenance and repairing obligations are met
- Monitor tenant rental payments and assist in the process of assessing rent arrears
- Regulate any breaches of tenancy/licence conditions
Ideally you should have:
- CIH Level 2 Award in Letting and Managing Residential Property
- Housing & Health Safety Rating Scheme Certificate
- Experience of Providing a front line customer service
- Experience of property, tenancy and contract management
- Experience of analysing and problem solving
- Experience of IT office systems and data inputting
- Experience of successfully managing workloads and deadlines
Closing date for applications: 18 June 2021 (noon)
Interview date: 29 June 2021
If you have not heard by the interview date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
In return we offer a supportive environment in an organisation with flexible working hours and a career average salary pension scheme.
North Devon Council believes in valuing diversity and is committed to equal opportunities.
For an application pack, please call 01271 388353, quoting reference TAO or use the documents below:
If you require a copy of the application form, or job description, in an alternative format, please contact us.