Apprentice - Planning Compliance
Apprentice - Planning Compliance (x2 posts)
37 hours per week, temporary contract for up to 2 years
(1 day per week Regulatory Compliance Officer Level 4 on-line course)
Salary: £10,000 per annum – Year 1
Are you the right person to join our busy Planning Compliance Team at North Devon Council as an apprentice, based at Lynton House, Barnstaple with some opportunity to work from home?
You will be studying towards a Level 4 Regulatory Compliance Officer Apprenticeship over 18 months, whilst receiving on the job training and support from our experienced team of specialists.
You will investigate alleged breaches of planning control, carry out site inspections, collate evidence and report on your findings. You will work closely with and support our conservation, tree & hedge and enforcement officers. You need to be in good general health and have a reasonable level of fitness. A full driving licence and access to a car is essential.
You will need to:
- Be customer focused
- Communicate courteously and clearly
- Be a supportive team player and have a positive attitude
- Learn fast, be adaptable and use your initiative
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to organise and prioritise your workload
- Have experience of using computers to input and retrieve data
- Maintain high levels of accuracy
- Be IT literate and know how to use MS Word, Excel and Outlook effectively
- Have 4 GCSEs at Grade 4 or above (or equivalent) to include English and Maths
If you are that person, we really look forward to your application.
Closing date for applications: 6 August 2021 (noon)
Interview date: 19 August 2021
If you have not heard by the interview date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
In return we offer a supportive environment in an organisation with flexible working hours and a career average salary pension scheme.
North Devon Council believes in valuing diversity and is committed to equal opportunities.
For an application pack, please call 01271 388353, quoting reference Apprentice or use the documents below:
If you require a copy of the application form, or job description, in an alternative format, please contact us.