How to appeal a CTR award

What happens if you disagree with the amount of CTR awarded.

If we send you a decision letter or a penalty notice about your Council Tax Reduction claim that you don't understand or you think is wrong, you can ask us for a more detailed explanation.

Contact us straight away if you want us to look at our decision again or you want to appeal against it.

All appeals must be made in writing, signed and sent to:

Benefits team, North Devon Council, PO Box 379, Barnstaple EX32 2GR

We will consider your case based on the reasons you have given. We have two months to reply. If you disagree with our decision or you don’t hear back, you have a further right of appeal to a valuation tribunal and you must do that within two months of us telling you of our decision or four months of when you first wrote to us (if you haven’t had a response).

If you are not happy with the detailed explanation, you have two months from the date we write to you to appeal directly to the Valuation Tribunal.

Any appeal to the Valuation Tribunal must be made on an appeal form.

For Council Tax Reduction appeals only: