Local Restrictions Support Grant for businesses
This grant only covers the retrospective period of 5 November to 2 December when the country was in the second national lockdown period.
This grant is a one off payment, please do not apply for it more than once.
If you have applied and have not heard anything yet, please email email@example.com.
On 31 October the Government announced certain businesses and venues would be required to close from 5 November to 2 December 2020 and set out the circumstances where a grant payment may be made by the council to businesses affected by the closedown.
For eligible businesses, the amount of Local Restrictions Support Grant payable is as follows:
- Businesses occupying properties appearing in the Rating List with a rateable value of exactly £15,000 or under on 5 November 2020, the grant payment will be £1,334 per 28 day qualifying restriction period
- Businesses occupying properties appearing in the Rating List with a rateable value of between £15,001 - £50,999 on 5 November 2020, the grant payment will be £2,000 per 28 day qualifying restriction period
- Businesses occupying properties appearing in the Rating List with a rateable value of £51,000 and over on 5 November 2020, the grant payment will be £3,000 per 28 day qualifying restriction period
Further Government guidance on qualifying businesses and businesses that are excluded from the scheme can be found below:
Businesses that have chosen to close but not been required to will not be eligible for this grant.
Making an application
This application is provided to capture the information required by North Devon Council to verify and make the payment of these grants.
This payment is a one off payment. If you have had your payment please do not reapply.
If you have applied and have not heard anything, your application is still being assessed.
Please make sure you follow the instructions very carefully and add the information EXACTLY as it is laid out on your business rates bill.
Please ensure you have the following information with you before you start your application:
- Your business rate account number and the name of your business as it appears on your rates bill
- Your latest bank statement covering the October 2020 trading period from the bank account you run the business from
- Your latest 2020 Utility bill or 2020 Insurance certificate
- Your Company Number (as registered with Companies House) if a limited company
- Your VAT number if VAT registered
- Your Unique Tax Reference (UTR) number
Payments will be made by BACS to your business account.
How to apply
If your business is eligible please complete the online application form:
If for any reason you are unable to complete the form online please email firstname.lastname@example.org