Events on council land

Information on events on council land

Some areas of council-owned land are available to hire for events.

To make an application, read our guidance notes below and complete the amenity event application form at least 21 days before the event takes place.


You can view our site plans and make an application to host an event at one. 

Licence Fee

Issued Licence charge £30.00 per Licence.

Charges apply depending on the size and duration of your event, although there are exceptions for charities.


You will also need to include a plan of your event layout. Download one of our site plans and use it to outline the area you need for your event, including access points for the public and vehicles. Include the site plan with your application.

Public liability Insurance

You must have Public Liability Insurance to hold a public event. You will need to provide evidence of your insurance, as well as your permission to use this insurance. Read our guidance notes for more details.

Music at your event

If you plan to perform music at your event, you will need a PRS licence from the Performing Rights Society (PRS). For more information go to the PRS website or call 0800 068 4828.

When you have your PRS licence, you will then need to complete our PRS form (above) and include it in your event application.

Other licensed activities

If you plan to have music, dancing or similar entertainment, or want to sell alcohol at your event, you will need to apply for either a premises license or temporary event notice. Read our guidance notes for more details or go to our licensing pages.

Contact us

If you need help completing your application or need more information contact our Estates Team 01271 388281.