Variations to premises licences and club premises certificates
View our current Licensing Act notices.
If you want to make a change to your premises licence or club premises certificate, you can apply to vary it, without having to apply for a new licence. This may be to include:
- varying the hours during which a licensable activity is permitted (providing there is no extension to the period for which the licence has effect, if there is a grant application will be required)
- adding or removing licensable activities
- amending, adding or removing conditions within a licence
- altering any aspect of the layout of the premises which is shown on the plan
Apply online for a variation to a premises licence
Apply online for a variation to a club premises certificate
To apply, you will also need to:
- pay the appropriate fee
- read the guidance notes on variations
A variation can’t be used to transfer a licence or certificate from one premises to another. It also can’t be used to extend a time-limited licence.
Home Delivery of Alcohol
Devon, Somerset and Torbay Trading Standards are offering the “No Proof of Age No Sale” (NPOANS) toolkit free to all businesses in Devon that sell age restricted products including the home delivery of alcohol. This is an interactive online toolkit run by Trading Standards South West which can be tailored to meet individual businesses needs to assist in preventing underage sales.
To subscribe please go to:
or telephone: 01726 218768
- List of Responsible Authorities (pdf 30 KB)
- Suggested format for public notice (word 24KB)
- Pool of conditions (pdf 481 KB)