Sports events, activities and clubs
North Devon and Torridge Playing Pitch Strategy 2017-2031
In partnership with Sport England and the National Governing bodies for football, rugby, cricket, hockey and bowls; North Devon Council and Torridge District Council have now completed a new Playing Pitch Strategy (PPS) to run from 2017-2031.
The Vision for the PPS is to fully understand the quantity and quality of our current stock of playing pitches and changing provision to ensure that we:
- protect the facilities that are used and valued by our current population
- provide new facilities in the right locations to cater for increased demand and population
- enhance facilities to ensure that quality meets twenty-first century expectations and attracts new and existing users
The strategy will provide an evidence base to ensure that both councils can collect Section 106 funding from housing developments and draw down external funding support where available. The strategy includes a list of priority projects for how funding should be used to improve infrastructure for local demand, this includes improvements to pitches and supporting facilities including changing rooms and training venues.
The Playing Pitch Strategy 2017-2031 is available to download now and will be presented to Torridge District Council on 30 October 2017 and North Devon Council Executive on 6 November 2017 to be considered for formal adoption by both authorities.
- PPS Executive Summary
- Main PPS Strategy
- Strategy Appendices
- Action Plan of Priority Projects
- Needs Assessment Part 1
- Needs Assessment Part 2
- Amendments made to strategy following public consultation
As part of our Leisure and Health Strategy we work with various partners to deliver the following events and activities:
- Aegon GB Pro-series International Tennis tournament
- Barnstaple Parkrun
- Goldcoast Oceanfest Education day, delivered by PETROC
- North Devon Ability Games, delivered by Active Devon
Support, training, and funding for local sports clubs
Active Devon is one of 49 County Sports Partnerships in the UK that receives funding from Sport England. It provides support and funding to community sports clubs and training and development opportunities to the coaches and volunteers that work within the clubs.
If your local club or group is looking for funding, email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a monthly Grants and Community News e-bulletin.