Customer Care Policy
The Customer Services Team is committed to providing a friendly and professional service. Our priority is to ensure access for all customers to information regarding our council services.
The Customer Services Team seeks to resolve 80% of customer enquiries at the first point of contact and achieve 90% in relation to customer satisfaction.
Our commitment to you
Every customer will be treated in accordance with our Customer Charter.
- always be polite, courteous and professional towards our customers
- act as advocates for our customers, ensuring enquiries are resolved as quickly as possible
- recognise the diverse needs of our customers and treat every person as an individual, adapting our approach as required
- provide accurate information about North Devon Council and correctly signpost to other services and organisations where appropriate
- be accessible by providing a range of different contact methods - we can be contacted online, on the telephone or by visiting us in person
- always use plain English, ensuring information is easy to understand, widely available and provided in other formats if required
- listen to customer feedback and act upon complaints
- regularly review the procedures and practices of the Customer Services Team to ensure we offer the best service to our customers
We ask that customers:
- treat us with respect - we will refuse to deal with any customers who are threatening, aggressive, abusive or use bad language