Our corporate plan, and the associated delivery plan, is one of the council’s most important documents because it sets out how we will play our part in making North Devon a place where people want to live, learn, work and visit.
This corporate plan sets out our medium-term ambitions over the next four years and future potential for our district. As a council we have an ambitious range of priorities and actions that are necessary to deliver them.
Our two overarching priorities are:
- to develop a robust and flexible organisation
- determine our own future/destiny
- maintain or improve our services by flexing council structures and activities delivering resilience in the short to medium term
Growing North Devon
- to create and protect a resilient North Devon
- promote Barnstaple and its uniqueness as the sub-regional centre for growth but consider all opportunities
- use the increase in the local tax base from predicted housing and/or businesses to deliver resilience
- support and develop low carbon opportunities including the tidal demonstration zone