The easiest way to pay your council tax or business rates is by direct debit. You can choose to pay in one, two, 10 or 12 instalments. If you would like to set one up immediately, call us on 01271 388361 with your bank details. Otherwise, you can download the forms and send them back to us.
Download council tax direct debit form
Download business rates direct debit form
Other ways to pay
In most cases, you will need your council tax or business rates reference number handy which you will find on your bill.
- Use our secure online payments system to pay with your credit or debit card
- Via credit or debit card using our 24 hour, automated telephone payments line. Call 01271 329539
- Via credit or debit card over the phone. Office open 9am-5pm Monday to Friday. Call 01271 388304
- Using a payment card which can be used at post offices and Payzone outlets. You can pay with cash, cheques or debit card. Call 01271 388361 or email us for more information
- By post - cheques and postal orders should be made payable to North Devon Council. Send your payment quoting your reference number, name and address to: Council Tax, Civic Centre, Barnstaple, EX31 3EA