Devon Communities Together helpline
Devon Communities Together is running the Towns, Parishes, and Community Buildings Covid-19 helpline - 0808 196 3390. We are here to help communities come together to respond to the pandemic with the most effective, safe, and co-ordinated responses.
Their helpline staff have access to emerging information, extensive expertise in community resilience, and hold an oversight of community responses across Devon. They are experienced in setting up and supporting networking and resilience, especially within rural areas, and as a rural community council and member of Action with Communities in Rural England, we can access a wealth of knowledge sharing and best practice from across the country. They can help with a range of issues including but not limited to:
- organising volunteers and setting up community support groups
- supporting parish councils and community groups through the pandemic
- looking after your community building and public spaces throughout coronavirus restrictions
- linking individuals to their local covid-19 response group
- best practice in handling a wide range of covid-19 related issues at a community level
- supporting vulnerable members of your community
- GDPR and safeguarding
The helpline will be staffed 9am to 5pm on weekdays for the foreseeable future. Please telephone 0808 196 3390 or email email@example.com and someone will get back to you.