If you want to provide boarding accommodation for other people's dogs and cats in North Devon, you will need an animal boarding establishment licence.

Apply for an animal boarding licence  

You will also need to: 

Application forms with the correct fees should be addressed to the Licensing team and sent to the council address, or you can hand them in at one of our offices.


North Devon Council has chosen to adopt the model licence conditions compiled by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH). Local Government Regulation (LGR) has also provided tailored conditions for premises operating as ‘home boarders’. North Devon Council may choose to use these conditions where they are considered more appropriate:

Further information