Animal boarding licences
If you want to provide boarding accommodation for other people's dogs and cats in North Devon, you will need an animal boarding establishment licence.
You will also need to:
- pay the appropriate application fee
- read our guidance notes on animal boarding establishment licences (pdf 171KB)
Application forms with the correct fees should be addressed to the Licensing team and sent to the council address, or you can hand them in at one of our offices.
North Devon Council has chosen to adopt the model licence conditions compiled by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH). Local Government Regulation (LGR) has also provided tailored conditions for premises operating as ‘home boarders’. North Devon Council may choose to use these conditions where they are considered more appropriate:
- CIEH Guidance and Model Licence Conditions for Dog Boarding Establishments (pdf 946KB)
- CIEH Guidance and Model Licence Conditions for Cat Boarding Establishments
- LGR conditions for home boarding of dogs (pdf 50KB)
- LGR conditions for home boarding of cats (pdf 47KB)