Relief for Public Houses - Pub Relief
In March 2017 the government announced a scheme to provide additional relief from business rates for public houses, following the 2017 revaluation.
Occupied public houses with a rateable value of less than £100,000 may be eligible for up to £1,000 relief on their business rates bill for 2017-18 only.
To qualify, the public house must:
- be occupied
- have a rateable value of less than £100,000
- be open to the general public
- allow free entry other than when occasional entertainment is provided
- allow drinking without requiring food to be consumed
- permit drinks to be purchased at a bar
If you are eligible for this relief we will automatically send you an application form.
If you think you qualify for Pub Relief but you have not heard from us, please contact the business rates team online or call 01271 388361.